The TX-850 is unique among gold prospecting metal detectors for its combination of high sensitivity to small gold nuggets and its versatile function as an all-purpose treasure detector.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The controls and features are tailored to gold prospecting, including a sophisticated ground balancing system, separate control over signal gain and threshold, and an unique discrimination control system.
These features also make for a great relic-hunting detector. While the TX-850 makes for a highly competent coin-shooting detector, its user interface and features are not specifically designed for this purpose.
As a coin-shooter, you will notice that the TX-850 exhibits slightly lower sensitivity to high-conductivity coins, like a US quarter; this is a result of its specialized design to emphasize sensitivity to small, low conductivity metals like gold nuggets.
1. The TX-850 Metal Detector comes with high sensitivity and strong ability. With this metal detector, you can hunt for coins, relics, jewelry, gold, and silver in anywhere.
2. Discrimination - When the detector emits different tones for different types of metals, and when the detector "eliminates" certain metals, we refer to this as the detector "Discriminating" among different types of metals.
3. Pinpointing - Pinpointing is the process of finding the exact location of a buried object. Long-buried metals can appear to the eye exactly like the surrounding soil, and can therefore be very hard to isolate from the soil.
4. LCD Display: Shows the probable type of metal, the depth of the target, range of DISC & NOTCH, the level of SENS, and battery condition. It also has numeric display for target.
5. Ground Balance - Ground balancing is the ability of the detector to ignore, or "see through" the earth's naturally occurring minerals, and only sound a tone when a metal object is detected.
6. Target ID - Different types of metals are classified along the arc at the top of the screen on a 0-100 scale from left to right. A 2-digit numerical reading is also provided in the middle of the display for more precise target identification in Discrimination Mode.
Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing on rod, 3-piece breakdown construction, nonmetallic telescoping lower rod, adjustable position armrest
Weight: 2 lbs, 8 oz with battery installed
Standard search coil: 12 inch search coil
Batteries: Single 9 volt rectangular alkaline
Operating principle: VLF induction balance
Operating frequency: 19 kHz, crystal controlled
Battery life: 15+ hours on good quality alkaline
Operating temp range: 14 to 122 degrees F (-10 to +50 C)
Operating humidity range: 0 - 90%
1. Power: 1*9V(6F22)
2. Frequency: 19.23KHz
3. Current: Standby: 20mA Max: 130mA
4. Voltage: 7.2-9V
5. Sensitivity: US 25/50 Cent: 220mm-250mm
6. Indication Mode: LCD Mode Sound Mode
7. Stretch Length: 25.2-34.25 inches
8. Coil Diameter: 11 inches DD coil 12 inches butterfly coil
9. Color: Black
10. Accessories: Earphone, carry bag, coil cover
11. Weight: 1.8kg